DIY All-Natural Bug Repellant
With a new wave of COVID-19 underway, isolation is once again proving to be the most important tool in slowing down the spread. The beaches are now open, the water is lukewarm, and all you want to do is soak in the summer sun… Except, you can’t. Crowds of people are breaking out of their homes and flocking to public spaces that are now slowly re-opening, stopping you from enjoying the finer things in life.
So, here’s an idea—isolate yourself at a campground! It’s perfect because each camper spot is more than 6 feet apart and you can be outside without being swarmed by strangers.
There are definitely a lot of things to pack before departing on a camping trip, such as coffee without any preparation. We suggest packing a few Pocket Latte Coffee Bars to ensure that you have the energy buzz to tackle life’s adventures! Pack a couple of Cream+Sugar and Lavender Vanilla bars in your backpack! They will not take up any space and can fit in any nook and cranny.
Another item that can make or break your outdoors experience is bug spray. However, bug spray can be dangerous to you and the environment because of its active ingredients. For example, DEET (N,N-Diethyl-meta-toluamind) is one of the most effective bug repellents. It can repel any insect between the tiniest of gnats to spider ticks. However, it comes with the risk of skin irritation, headaches, and rashes.
This DIY bug repellent spray is all-natural and uses plant-derived essential oils that are well known to keep away bugs. Here is one to keep away mosquitoes and other types of bugs:
Homemade Bug Spray Ingredients
- Essential oils:
- 30 drops of geranium
- 30 drops of citronella
- 20 drops of lemon eucalyptus
- 20 drops of lavender
- 10 drops of rosemary
- 1 tbsp of rubbing alcohol
- ½ cup natural witch hazel
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 tsp vegetable glycerin
Enjoy staying bug free this summer!
- Mix essential oils and alcohol in a spray bottle. Shake to combine.
- Mix in the witch hazel and shake.
- Add glycerin and shake, again
- Add water and shake, again.
- Shake before each use.
- Which Pocket Latte Flavor Are You?
- No Gluten, No Soy Lecithin, No Palm Oil Explained
- A Brief History of Coffee
- World’s Most Expensive Coffees
- Perfect Gifts for Coffee Enthusiasts
- Baker’s Dozen Episode 2: Coffee Lava Cake
- Healthy Habits for Coffee Lovers
- Cold Brew and Iced Coffee: What’s The Difference?
- How Athletes Should Be Using Coffee
- The Life Cycle of a Coffee Bean
- The Backbone for GREAT Coffee Flavor
- 3 Unique Signature Coffees Around the World
- One of the Most Underrated Ways to Brew Coffee
- Coffee As a Pre-Workout
- Light, Medium, and Dark Roast: What’s the Difference?
- Baker’s Dozen: Ep.1 Coffee cake with REAL coffee
- Healthy Benefits of Coffee
- DIY All-Natural Bug Repellant
- Available at LA’s Most Hip Food Market — Smorgasburg
- Why Pocket Latte?