Healthy Benefits of Coffee
There are various reasons and health benefits to continue consuming your daily coffee. Aside from its warm (or cold) sensation and its stimulating effects, coffee proves to be an essential part of a healthy lifestyle.
For coffee lovers, this list will provide you with information to enjoy your coffee even more. To those new to coffee, this list will introduce you to the beneficial factors coffee contains through its antioxidants and nutrients.
Here are some health benefits of coffee:
1. INCREASE ENERGY LEVEL AND PERFORMANCE FOR WORK OR STUDYING
Going to have a long day at work or a long night of studying?
Coffee is perfect to increase your energy levels and focus to tackle long shifts at work or preparing for a tedious exam.
Coffee contains caffeine, which creates a stimulating effect in the brain that improves energy levels and attention span.
Various studies have shown coffee improves different aspects of the brain that can relate to mood, memory, reaction, and energy levels (1).
2. LOWER YOUR RISK OF TYPE 2 DIABETES
Average coffee consumers have reduced their risk of type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes affects millions around the world and is a major health issue.
Not only does coffee taste great but studies have shown most coffee consumers lower their risk by 23-50%, or even as high as 67% (2).
Next time you consume coffee, think about the benefits and risk reducing aspects that help you live a healthier lifestyle.
3. EATING YOUR COFFEE AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO HOT COFFEE
We all love the warm feeling of coffee streaming down your throat in the early morning, but have you ever wondered about the negative effects?
The World Health Organization (WHO) has said that drinking hot beverages may lead to esophageal cancer. These beverages include tea and coffee that are higher than 65 degrees Celsius or 149 degrees Fahrenheit (3).
Lower your risk of esophageal cancer by eating your coffee! Pocket Latte is dedicated to crafting crave-able ready-to-eat coffee squares. Each square has the same amount of caffeine as your cup of coffee.
Make the switch!
4. COFFEE HELPS BURN FAT
COVID-19 is the new freshman-15.
Have you put on a few extra pounds during quarantine? No worries, coffee can help fix that!
If you ever walk into a supplement store, you’ll notice that all the fat-burning products contain one key ingredient—Caffeine! Coffee is filled with naturally occurring caffeine that can help you burn off fat.
PubMed Central studies have shown that not only does caffeine boost your metabolic rate but it also increases fat burning by 10-30% (4).
Next time you are going for a workout or being active, eat a pocket latte of your choice!
5. LESS LIKELY TO DEVELOP ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE
Common coffee drinkers are less likely or have a lower risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
Although there is no known cure, there are many preventions that persist from a healthy diet, exercise, and of course coffee! Coffee is not necessarily known for its medicinal abilities, but can be incredibly effective to prevent the disease.
PubMed Central studies have shown that people who drink 3-5 cups of coffee are 65% less likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease (5).
SO WHY COFFEE?
These are just the top benefits that you can get from consuming coffee, but it really includes more than you can think. Coffee has been mentioned to lower the risk of a stroke and developing certain types of cancer.
One of the reasons coffee can be so effective and healthy is because it contains rich and nutritious antioxidants. It prevents you from developing various diseases that ultimately helps you live a longer life.
The next time you order coffee, whether as a beverage or Pocket Latte, remember that you are doing your body a favor!
- 11 Resources for Refreshing Your Business Post-Pandemic
- Which Pocket Latte Flavor Are You?
- No Gluten, No Soy Lecithin, No Palm Oil Explained
- A Brief History of Coffee
- World’s Most Expensive Coffees
- Perfect Gifts for Coffee Enthusiasts
- Baker’s Dozen Episode 2: Coffee Lava Cake
- Healthy Habits for Coffee Lovers
- Cold Brew and Iced Coffee: What’s The Difference?
- How Athletes Should Be Using Coffee
- The Life Cycle of a Coffee Bean
- The Backbone for GREAT Coffee Flavor
- 3 Unique Signature Coffees Around the World
- One of the Most Underrated Ways to Brew Coffee
- Coffee As a Pre-Workout
- Light, Medium, and Dark Roast: What’s the Difference?
- Baker’s Dozen: Ep.1 Coffee cake with REAL coffee
- Healthy Benefits of Coffee
- DIY All-Natural Bug Repellant
- Available at LA’s Most Hip Food Market — Smorgasburg
- Why Pocket Latte?